Here is the layout. I have since embroidered the baby's name a little off center. Next I will add some scattered stars then layer, quilt, and bind. Thanks Missouri Star Quilt Co. for the block instructions. Happy Weekend!
I signed up to do two charity quilts for QUILTERS FOR COMFORT before June. They need to be at least 50 x 60 and done for children. Well the Dalmatian fabrics jumped into my arms and the zebras came along too. The pink stripes will be a border on something. The purple batik well that had been talking to me for the last couple of visits. Now to get the patterns picked out and finish the quilts.
Calendar Quilt-Pattern by Kim Schaefer. I have carried this piece with me for more than a year and finally after helping another camper with appliqué process I was inspired and finished the "quilting" on this calendar.
Bird design from Embroidery Library.com I thought a friend needed a new dish towel with this bird.
Bag Pipes, design from OESD, sewn out for my neighbor, The Music Lady, from Ontario.
I love this design. Sorry, I don't know where I got it. I also like another one that says "spit happens"
This table topper is made using the Super 60 degree triangle ruler and scraps from the "salad" quilt. Thanks to Karen and Nancy, I mixed a little regular sewing in with the embroidery the past couple days.
Kit and Felicia feel very neglected while I have been sewing and embroidering. Somehow, I don't think they have missed any meals or snacks during the process even though they might not have happened on their time schedule.
This particular runner was not on my "to do" list for this week. Monday, I was looking for something else and came across the green fat quarters that I purchased from Ebay a bit earlier this year. I knew if I didn't work up these greens I would not get anything made with them until another full year went by. So I pulled out the Jumping' Jack table runner pattern and got busy. I adjusted the instructions on the pattern to utilize a bit of strip piecing but the end result looks like their pattern. This one just fits on our table. Yeah. A St. Patty's Day to me. :o)
There are other burp cloths I am unable to show you just yet. Don't want to ruin any surprises.
Here is one of four shirts I did yesterday. The shirt color just called for a flamingo.
My friend Jean Ann named my quilt: Salad.
This is made using two layer cakes and Full Bloom pattern by Kathy Schmitz. The pattern pictures a red and cream quilt rather than shades of one color.....I am so happy how this one came out. I was a bit worried for awhile. It is only a 72 inch square. Uses Jenny Doan's method for making half-square-triangle blocks. Found the layer cakes at the Sebring Quilt Show/Highlands County Quilt show last week.
Purchases don't count if I use them in a project in a short amount of time. :o)
Nancy H. and I went to P and Q's Quilt Shop in Dundee today and took a class from Margee. Wow. Great Instructor! Great Project. The samples on the shop wall looks so very hard and Margee made the process very simple.
The book is in the above picture.
This is my fabric purchased at the store. And the ruler used today.
Here are the pieces after using the Super Sixty ruler.
These are some of the resulting "blocks"
I am so happy with how these are coming out. Now just to finish the process. Nancy says this one is on her five year list....but I'll bet you she has it nearly finished soon. I am hoping to be finished with the top in a couple weeks. But we'll see how many other projects and trips I can squeeze in before finishing this one.
Happy Day! Hope everyone gets a little sewing time in today.
This is where I started on Friday morning. Got this far on the design wall and found I didn't have enough of the next two fabrics to complete the quilt. So off to P and Q's in Dundee. And also on to Joann's in Winter Haven. Harder to find the right colors after a project is in progress and one already has a vision of how it should turn out.
This is supposed to be a DOG quilt.....so of course Kit is trying to claim it for her
The initial rows are sewn together, no place in the house to stretch it all out so I moved to the driveway while the wind was not blowing. I had to test to determine the size. I was not trusting my measurements. I am adding the triangles to square it up now.
Here is a closeup look at how the ruffles adds dimension to the quilt.
Oh my this picture just does not do justice to the quilt top. Can't wait to layer and attempt to quilt while I am here. Well, maybe I will work on it when I get home.
This one is so vibrant, I will take another picture and post it tomorrow. This is the my project for the SPRV Quilt Class. Oh I hope Janet doesn't see it before I get it quilted. She might make me work on some items. But I really like it, so it will get finished and go on our wall here.
I finally spent a full day in the sewing room! Yeah!